We often hear the question, “Who are you to judge me?’ Or, we aren’t supposed to judge! Do we really understand what it means to judge ? Who is the one and only true judge and lawgiver? James 4:12 specifically says that “There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy…” it is not our job to decide what happens to a person. We may have an opinion, but we have to be careful how we speak of each other and decide what another person deserves. This is God’s job! We do need to look at Scripture and know what God says about sin, but love people at the same time. This does take a lot of humility! God judges our sin too, He will lift us up though when we are humble.
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8 Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.
11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?
Principles To Live By- Have The Right Relationship With Our Lawgiver And Judge
- Yield to God and accept His authority in our life- He is our Lawgiver and Judge, not us and not others
- Stand up against Satan, he will flee from you. Satan is a threat, we need to fight against him!!!!
- Get close to the Lord and He will be available and close to you
- Cleanse your hands, sinners. Purify your heart, those who are double-minded.
- Grieve, mourn and wail because as sinners, you should grieve at your sin.
- As you humble yourself before the Lord, the Lord will lift us up. God is pleased when we are humble before Him
Don’t Slander Or Judge Each Other, Remember Who Our Lawgiver And Judge, Is
- Don’t slander(talk against each other)If you do slander or judge, you are speaking against the law and judging the law!
- When you are thus judging the law, you are not keeping it but are being judged yourself
- There is Only 1 Lawgiver and Judge! He(God) is the one who is able to save and destroy. A Lawgiver provides the law to people. It is God’s decision what happens with each person and what they do in their life! So, who are we to judge our neighbor(those we interact with regularly, our community)?
Yield our life to Him, as a sinner who needs a Savior! Realize our sin grieves God and should grieve us also. Don’t be hateful, slandering people and judging them. If we truly are humble, we will see who is in charge! It is not us, It is God!!!!